LIDL “My Lidl Story”
Terms & Conditions
- By entering into this competition entrants automatically accept its Terms and Conditions.
- This Lidl “My Lidl Story” competition is promoted by Lidl Ireland GmbH an external company incorporated in Germany and registered under company number 904141 whose registered address is at Main Road, Tallaght, Dublin 24 Republic of Ireland and Lidl Northern Ireland Limited an external company incorporated in Germany and registered in Northern Ireland under company number NI647629 whose registered address is at Dundrod Road, Nutts Corner, Crumlin, Co. Antrim, Northern Ireland (hereinafter “Lidl”).
- The competition shall run from 15 May 2020 until midnight of 31 May 2020. Any entries received after this time will be deemed invalid. Lidl shall not bear any responsibility to notify entrants of incomplete entries or entries that have not been submitted or correctly submitted by the closing date of the competition.
- The competition is open only to children between the ages of 5 – 9 (Category 1) and 10 – 14 (Category 2) (“Participants”) in both the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.
- The Participants’ entries must be submitted by a parent and/or legal guardian on the Participants’ behalf.
- Participants or their parents/guardians must fill out all the required fields in the entry forms available in stores. The completed entry form can be submitted by one of the following options:
i) A parent/guardian of the Participant posting a clear picture of the entry form on Instagram or Twitter ensuring that both sides of the form are easily legible and including “#MyLidlStory” and tagging Lidl Ireland / Lidl Northern Ireland;
ii) A parent/guardian of the Participant posting a clear picture of the entry form in the comments sections of the #MyLidlStory post on Lidl Ireland / Lidl Northern Ireland’s Facebook page ensuring that both sides of the form are easily legible; or,
iii) A parent/guardian of the Participant completing the parent/guardian’s contact details section and leaving the entry in the LGFA/Community boxes located in stores.
7. There is no limit on the number of entries that a Participant may submit.
8. It is a condition of Participants’ participation that they, their parents/guardians are, and they warrant and undertake that they or such persons are:
i) A resident of the Republic of Ireland / Northern Ireland
ii) Not an employee of Lidl Ireland GmbH / Lidl Northern Ireland Limited or any subsidiary, associated company or agency;
iii) Not a member of the immediate family of a person employed by any of the above.
9. All valid entries will be judged by a Panel of Judges (hereinafter the “Panel”). The Panel will be made up of representatives of Lidl. Based on the quality of the Participant’s story they may be selected by the Panel to be shortlisted to progress to the final round of Judging. The Panel’s decision in this regard is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the selection process.
10. The final round judging of the entries that have been shortlisted by the Panel shall be Judged by guest judge, Roddy Doyle (hereinafter “Guest Judge”). Based on the quality of the drawings in the shortlisted entries the Guest Judge will select 1 winner from each age category (i.e. 1 winner from the 5 – 9 year old category and 1 winner from the 10 – 14 year old category)
11. The Guest Judge’s decision shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding either the selection process or the outcome of the competition.
12. The prize for the winning entries shall be a signed copy of the Guest Judge’s book, €250 / £250 in Lidl vouchers and a creative writing masterclass with the Guest Judge the dates for which will be confirmed pending the duration of the Covid-19 restrictions.
13. Lidl reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition and/or vary the competition rules and/or these terms and conditions at any time and without prior notice.
14. Lidl reserves the right to verify the eligibility of the prize winners to substitute any prize due to lack of availability or other circumstances beyond its control, or, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any entry which it deems to be inappropriate or not in harmony with spirit of the competition.
15. The winning prize funds are non-transferable and is not redeemable for cash and no other prize alternatives shall be offered.
16. Any entries which are deemed incomplete, illegible, incomprehensible or that are received after the deadline has passed will be deemed invalid. In addition, any entries which are not in Lidl’s sole view in keeping with these terms and conditions, the spirit of the competition, or are likely to bring Lidl, its products or brand into disrepute will not be considered.
17. In the event of any dispute regarding the rules, results, or conduct of the competition, the decision of Lidl as the Promoter shall be final.
18. The winners may be required by Lidl for promotional activity. In consideration for the prize, and by accepting same, the winner agrees to take part in such promotional activity as maybe required by Lidl and that his/her data may be processed for that purpose on the basis of such contract. In this regard, Lidl may use the name and images of the winner in original or edited form for such promotional purposes.
19. By entering into this competition, Participants agree to the processing and storage of their personal information by Lidl for the purpose of the administration of this competition.
20. Lidl reserves the right to announce the winner’s name by publishing same on its website or social media.
21. Lidl obtains and processes personal data for the limited purposes outlined in these terms and conditions. Entrants’ personal information will not be used for any other purposes other than those specified herein. Data subjects may apply for access, rectification, erasure, restriction of processing, or portability. Any questions in relation to how Lidl uses personal data may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. If Lidl is unable to address such questions, data subjects also have the right to contact the Data Protection Commission / Information Commissioner’s Office.
22. Lidl will ensure that all information is kept safe and secure and will ensure that all personal data is deleted upon the conclusion of this competition. All information submitted will be held within the EU and may only be processed by third parties strictly as Lidl permits.
23. Participants agree to bear complete responsibility for any personal data they submit on social media websites which shall additionally be subject to the relevant Terms and Conditions & Privacy Policies of those websites. Nominees agree to hold the Promoter harmless in relation to data they submit in this fashion.
25. These terms and conditions shall be governed by Irish law and the courts of Ireland shall have exclusive jurisdiction over the interpretation of same.