‘SEE YOUR BEES’ PHOTO COMPETITION
Terms and Conditions:
1) By entering into this competition entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
2) The joint promoters of this Competition is Lidl Ireland GmbH, Main Road, Tallaght, Dublin 24 (‘Lidl’) and Gaisce – Gradam an Uachtaráin The President’s Award, Ratra House, North Road, Phoenix Park, Dublin (‘Gaisce’) (together referred to jointly as the ‘Promotors’).
3) The online competition runs from 9th May 2022 to 11:59pm on 27th May 2022 (‘Competition Period’). Entries submitted outside of the Competition Period will not be valid.
4) To be eligible to enter the competition each entrant must: (i) be aged 18 years or over and (ii) a resident of the Republic of Ireland. Entries received from customers outside of the Republic of Ireland will not be valid.
5) To enter the competition each entrant must fill out the online competition entry form on Lidl Ireland’s website www.lidl.ie/SeeYourBees including their:
a. full name,
b. location (dropdown list)
c. email contact detail
d. Local Lidl (drop down list)
e. Upload a photograph taken by the entrant of a bee
f. Indicate if they are engaged in doing a Gaisce Award, if you are a Gaisce Award Leader or if they are submitting an entry on behalf of a Gaisce Award participant, and if so, the Gaisce Award Participants name and with what organisation or school.
g. Indicate by clicking the dropdown if they are entering as an individual or as part of their Gaisce Award organisation to be in with a chance to win an Adventure Journey in 2023.
6) With respect to part (f), their answer will not prejudice their entry into the competition. Only those who indicate that they are doing their Gaisce Award, a Gaisce Award Leader or entering on behalf of a Gaisce Award participant will be eligible to enter into a simultaneous competition for their school to win an Adventure Journey (Adventure Journey prize). If entering on behalf of a Gaisce Award participant below the age of 18, you confirm that you have received the necessary consent to provide personal data and enter on their behalf.
7) In order to enter the competition with a valid entry you must provide *all* mandatory details as requested. No responsibility will be taken by Lidl for entries that are incorrectly uploaded for any reason or entries which cannot be uploaded for any reason or for entries that are submitted after the Competition Period has ended.
8) Lidl reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants and to disqualify any entries that are deemed, at Lidl’s sole discretion, to contravene the spirit of the Competition. Entries must be the entrant’s own work and must not contain any copyright protected works (other than as owned by the entrant).
9) The entrants who are judged to have the best photograph will be chosen as the winners. The winners will be selected by a judging panel (the Panel) which will be comprised of Lidl employees, Gaisce employees and an independent third party from an environmentally focused organisation. Final decision on the winning entries is made at the entire discretion of the Panel. The Panel’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding either the selection process or the outcome of the Competition.
10) All winners will be notified by email and winning vouchers will only be sent to the address provided.
11) Preferred telephone, email details and local store must be provided. If the winner does not respond/cannot be reached within seven days of being notified they will forfeit the prize and another winner will be chosen randomly by prize draw of runner-up shortlist. The prize is non-refundable, non-exchangeable, non-transferable and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes. The prize is also subject to availability. Prizes will only be awarded to the winner and are one-off prizes. If the winning Gaisce Award Partner cannot accept the prize of the Adventure Journey, another winner will be chosen and communicated to.
12) Prizes: There will be 1 (one) winner of a €1,000.00 Lidl gift CSR card; There will be 26 (twenty-six) winners of a €100 Lidl CSR gift card and there will be 1 (one) winner of a group prize for an adventure journey to a maximum of €5,000.00 (Adventure Journey prize).
13) The Adventure Journey prize may only be won by entrants that are currently engaged in a Gaisce Award. The prize for the Adventure Journey winner is to support a group of Gaisce Award participants to organise their own Adventure Journey to take place in the Republic of Ireland. For the purposes of being with a chance to win an Adventure Journey worth €5,000, a Gaisce Award Group must have an assigned President’s Award Leader with Gaisce and intend on planning and undertaking an Adventure Journey as a group between 2022 and 2023, including the required overnight element of the Gaisce Adventure Journey. Only Adventure Journeys which are being planned for within the Republic of Ireland can be covered by the competition prize of €5,000. The prize money can support covering travel costs, overnight stay costs, food costs and the necessary outdoor wear and equipment for completing a Gaisce Adventure Journey in agreement with the assigned Development office at Gaisce. The Adventure Journey prize is administered directly by Gaisce. Lidl holds no responsibility or liability in relation to this prize.
14) Lidl reserves the right to vary the quantity and type of prize provided. By entering this competition, you are giving express permission for the Promotors to use your photograph across their marketing and communication channels.
15) The Lidl CSR gift cards cannot be used to purchase alcohol and lottery tickets.
16) No purchase is necessary to enter this competition, however, the winners may be required for promotional activity. In consideration for the prize, and by accepting same, the winner agrees to take part in such promotional activity as maybe required by the Promotors and that his/her data may be processed for that purpose on the basis of such contract.
17) Lidl does not accept responsibility for damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the prize draw, participating in this competition or as a result of accepting the prize.
18) Lidl will not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control, such circumstances include, but are not limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, disease, epidemic, pandemic, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
19) Lidl reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition or these Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice.
20) Lidl reserves the right to refuse to award a prize to a winner or to disqualify any entrant who breaches any of these terms and conditions or who brings or tends to bring the name of Lidl, its agents, associates or other affiliated organizations into disrepute or otherwise where it deems it necessary to do so at its sole discretion.
21) Lidl obtains, processes and maintains personal information in accordance with The General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR), the Data Protection Acts 1988 to 2018 (Republic of Ireland), the Data Protection Act 2018 (Northern Ireland) whether amended, supplemented or replaced. Any personal data communicated to Lidl in any respect will only be processed for the purposes outlined in these terms and conditions. Such personal information will not be used for any other purposes than those specified. Personal data may be shared with the Panel for the purpose of selecting the Winners. Personal data may be passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for the fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the Prize. Data subjects may apply for access, rectification, erasure, restriction of process, or portability. Any questions in relation to how Lidl uses personal data may be addressed to email@example.com. If Lidl is unable to address such questions, data subjects also have the right to contact the Data Protection Commission / the Office of the Information Commissioner.
22) Lidl will ensure that all information is kept safe and secure until the conclusion of this competition or until such time as the final prize fund has been delivered. Any personal data will be deleted thereafter. All information submitted will be held within Ireland or the EU and may only be processed by a third party strictly as Lidl permits.
24) Any images taken or provided as part of the competition may be used for internal or external marketing and promotional purposes in any manner or media without notifying entrants including, but not limited to social media channels, websites, TV, cinema, publications, promotions, broadcasts, advertisements, posters and theatre slides. Lidl retains the right to alter the image in the manner it deems appropriate without the obligation of seeking prior approval from entrants and there will be no reimbursement for the use of the images, other than the prize in the case of the winner.
25) The entrants agree that Lidl shall own the images and all rights related to them and the entrants shall assert no claim over the images or the rights associated with them.
26) The entrant shall refrain from submitting photographs of bees in which there are also people featured. These photographs will be not be eligible for entry in the competition.
27) Entry into the competition will be deemed to be full and unconditional acceptance of these terms and conditions by the entrant.
28) Entrants shall indemnify and hold Lidl and Gaisce and their respective affiliates, directors, agents, or other partners ("the Indemnitees") harmless from any claims, actions, proceedings, costs (including reasonable legal fees) and expenses brought or asserted by a third party against any of the Indemnitees arising as a result of their use of the entrant’s submission including but not limited to any breach of third party intellectual property rights.
29) This competition is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.com or any other social media platform.
30) These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Ireland and entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Ireland with respect to any dispute arising out of or in connection with this competition.
31) Directors, officers, employees, contractors or agents of Lidl Ireland and its subsidiaries, affiliates, or advertising or promotional agencies are not eligible to participate.
32) Directors, officers or employees of Gaisce – The President’s Award are not eligible to participate.