Your data is important to us and we understand that it’s important to you. We are committed to safeguarding your information in line with data protection and privacy law. We want to be transparent about what information we collect about you, how we use it, and how you can control what we do with this information.
This policy sets out Lidl’s commitment to ensuring that any personal data which we process, is carried out in compliance with data protection law.
What information do we collect?
When you sign up to the Lidl Moves (which will run from 7 July, 2020) e-mail list you will be asked to submit some basic information about yourself, specifically your email address. We will use this information to provide you with regular communication in the form of campaign updates and exclusive content. You will only receive these updates once you provide us with the required information.
How will we use your information?
When you sign up to the Lidl Moves e-mail list, Lidl relies on consent as the legal basis for processing your personal data. Where Lidl processes your data on the basis of consent, Lidl will:
• not do anything with your data that you would not expect
• ensure that appropriate privacy notices are in place advising customers and others how and why their data is being processed, and, in particular, advising data subjects of their rights
• only collect and process the personal data that it needs for purposes it has identified in advance
• ensure that, as far as possible, the personal data it holds is accurate, or a system is in place for ensuring that it is kept up to date as far as possible
• only hold onto your personal data for as long as it is needed, after which time
Lidl will securely erase or delete the personal data ensure that appropriate security measures are in place to ensure that your personal data can only be accessed by those who need to access it and that it is held and transferred securely
Lidl will ensure that all staff who handle personal data on its behalf are aware of their responsibilities under this policy and that they are adequately trained and supervised.
How long will we retain your personal information?
Any personal data that you provide to us when you sign up to our Lidl Moves e-mail list will be held for the duration of the campaign itself (i.e. from 7 July, 2020 to 31 August, 2020) after which time it shall be deleted.
Third Party Processors
Your personal data may be transferred to third parties (appointed web developer, Owens DDB) for the purposes of registering you to receive regular updates and motivational content.
Your personal data will never be transferred outside of the EU.
Any personal information you supply to Lidl will be treated strictly in accordance with the law
You have the following rights:
• Access: you have the right to request information about how your personal data is being processed, including whether your personal data is being processed and the right to be allowed access to that data and to be provided with a copy of that data. To submit a request please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Withdraw consent: Where your data is being obtained and processed with your consent, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Please note that if you withdraw your consent, you may not be able to benefit from certain schemes offered by our Sports & Social Club for which the processing of your personal information is necessary.
• Rectification: you have the right to request that Lidl rectify inaccurate personal data concerning you.
• Erasure: you have the right to have your personal data erased and to have confirmation of erasure. Please note that this is only possible where the data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was collected, or where consent is withdrawn, or where there is a legal obligation to delete the data, or where there are no overriding legitimate ground for retaining your personal information.
• Restriction of processing: you have the right to ask for certain processing to be restricted if the accuracy of the personal data is being contested, or if our processing is unlawful but the data subject does not want it erased, or if the data is no longer needed for the purpose of the processing but it is required by the data subject for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, or if the data subject has objected to the processing, pending verification of that objection
• Data portability: you have the right to receive a copy of your personal data which has been provided by the data subject and which is processed by automated means in a format which will allow the individual to transfer the data to another data controller. Where this right is applicable, we will comply with such transfer as far as it is technically feasible.
• The right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority. You can contact Lidl Ireland GmbH by email at email@example.com about any questions or if you have a complaint in relation to how we process your personal information. You also have the right to contact the Data Protection Commission (Ireland) or the Information Commissioner’s Office (NI).