Trolley Dash Terms & Conditions
Please Note: By entering into this competition, participants automatically accept its Terms and Conditions.
Terms & Conditions:
1. This competition is promoted by Lidl Ireland GmbH, Main Road, Tallaght, Dublin 24 (The Promoter).
2. Tickets shall be on sale in all Lidl Ireland stores from Monday 13th November until Sunday 3rd December.
3. The competition is open to all residents of the Republic of Ireland over the age of 18, excluding direct employees of Lidl Ireland and Lidl Northern Ireland. (Participants).
4. Participants may purchase a ticket for the draw for the chance of winning the prize and becoming a trolley dash contestant (Contestant).
5. To enter the competition Participants must buy a ticket at their local Lidl Ireland store and complete all fields on the ticket before putting the ticket into the box provided on the packing bench. For the entry to be valid, all fields on the ticket must be filled in correctly. Entries which are incomplete, without all the required information, incomprehensible, or are not otherwise in accordance with the competition Terms and Conditions are invalid and will be discounted.
6. The Promoter shall not bear any responsibility to notify Participants of incomplete entries.
7. Multiple entries are permitted.
8. There will be one trolley dash prize per store in all Lidl Ireland stores worth in the region of €200.
9. Contestants must be available to take part in the event, in the store in which they entered, on the store designated date of either Saturday 9th or 16th December at 8.00am.
10. By purchasing a ticket for the draw, Participants confirm that they are aware of the nature of the trolley dash and the associated physical risks involved. The Participant agrees that he/she is physically capable of participating in the trolley dash and agrees to be solely responsible for their actions and hereby releases the Promoter from any and all liability in relation to their participation therein.
11. The draw for the prizes will take place on Monday 4th December.
12. All winners will be chosen at random from valid entries and will be notified, via the telephone number provided on the entry ticket, by a Lidl staff member by Wednesday 6th December after the draw has taken place.
13. The prize consists of a 2 minute (120 seconds) trolley dash which entitles the Contestant to free shopping for 2 minutes in the Lidl store in the Republic of Ireland where they purchased their ticket at the time and date specified (the Prize). Within the allotted time, the Contestant places as many items as possible in their trolley. The Contestant may take a maximum of 2 of any particular item.
14. The Contestant must start the trolley dash from Aisle 1, just inside the entrance to the store, and finish at any checkout once the two minutes have elapsed.
15. The Contestant will be alerted after each 30-second interval has elapsed.
16. If a Contestant fills a trolley within the two minutes, he/she may return to the starting point with the full trolley and get a second/empty one.
17. Any items that are broken or damaged by the Contestant during the trolley dash will not be substituted for an undamaged item.
18. Products obtained during the trolley dash cannot be exchanged for replacement products or for cash.
19. Contestants are encouraged to have family/friends present to watch the trolley dash but they must watch from behind the tills so as not to impede the trolley dash. Contestants must complete the trolley dash on their own and are not permitted to receive any assistance from any third parties.
20. Designated non-food middle aisle promotional products are excluded from the trolley dash. Alcohol is also excluded, however the trolley dash prize will be supplemented by one bottle of white wine, one bottle of red wine and a selected six pack of beer.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to provide an alternative prize of equal value should the advertised prize become unavailable for reasons beyond its control.
22.The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend a competition and/or vary competition rules without prior notice.
23. The Promoter’s decision in relation to the selection of prize winners is final; no correspondence will be entered into regarding the outcome of this competition.
24. The person chosen as the trolley dash Contestant is the only person allowed to complete the trolley dash except in extenuating circumstances as approved by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
25. The Prize is strictly non-transferable and dash cannot be exchanged for a cash or credit equivalent.
26. If the Contestant is unable to make the date, time and location as outlined, or does not confirm their ability to attend,, the Prize will automatically be forfeited without compensation to the Contestant.
27. The Contestant will be informed of the rules of the trolley dash before the time commences.
28. In the event of any dispute regarding the rules, conduct, or the results of this competition, the decision of the Promoter will be final.
29. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility (including but not limited to requesting written proof of age of any competition winner) and identity of any winner before the prize of the trolley dash is given to any Participant.
30. Unless otherwise stated, all taxes, insurance, fees and surcharges on any prize are the sole responsibility of the Contestant.
31. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission to use the relevant Contestant’s name, hometown and likeness (likeness as it has been shot or in an altered manner, by employees, agents or subcontractors of the Promoter or anyone working on behalf of the Promoter and/or by local/other media) for purposes of internal/external advertising, promotion or publicity in any media without additional compensation and Prize winners agree to take part in such related promotional activities as the Promoter may require.
32. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse a prize to any Participant or to disqualify a Participant who breaches any of these Terms and Conditions or who acts in such a manner that, at the Promoter’s sole discretion, is deemed to bring the Promoter, its brand, or products into disrepute.
33. By participating in the competition you agree to your personal data being stored and processed by Lidl Ireland GmbH for the purpose of the competition and the purposes outlined in in these Terms and Conditions. Lidl hereby ensures that all personal data is dealt with in adherence with data protection legislation. Lidl will not transfer your data to any third parties outside of Ireland. Adequate technical security measures are taken to ensure the security of your personal information. After serving its purpose your personal data will be deleted.
34. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility for any loss, injury or damage whatsoever suffered by any Participant as a result of their participation in the trolley dash or any aspect of the competition. The Promoter shall not be liable for any recourse or claims as a result of any kind of physical, mental or other loss or damage suffered due to the Participant’s involvement in the trolley dash or any aspect of the competition.
35. The Lottery Licence Holder is Lidl Ireland GmbH, Main Road, Tallaght, Dublin 24.
36. 100% of all proceeds will go to beneficiary The Barretstown Gang Camp Fund Limited.
37. Tickets printed by McGowans, Unit 3 Poppintree Industrial Estate, Finglas, Dublin 11, Co. Dublin.
38. Lottery Licence granted by the Dublin Metropolitan District Court.