Hearty Irish Stew
- 2 pkts Inisvale Irish Lean Diced Beef
- 2 medium Onions peeled and cut into chunks the same size as the Beef
- 1 pkt of Carrot and Parsnip mix, peeled and cut the same size as the Onions
- 21g Root Ginger peeled and shredded
- 2 Montedos Raisin Snackpacks (2 x 14g)
- 2 tbsps Belbake Plain Flour
- 3 tbsps Vita d'Or Sunflower Oil
- 1 tbsp Dairy Manor butter
- 750ml Water
- 1 Beef Stockpot
- A sprig of Thyme
- Kania Salt & Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 165oC.
- Put your oil into a casserole pot and put ona highish heat. Turn your beef in the flour and season.
- When the oil is gently smoking carefully add the beef and allow to colour, scraping the residue off the bottom periodically, this will take about 10 minutes.
- Remove the beef from the pan and turn down the heat, then add the butter followed by the onions and cook over a gentle heat for 5 minutes or so.
- Next add the carrots and parsnips to the pot followed by the beef, ginger, raisins, thyme, water and lastly the beef stockpot.
- Scrape the bottom of the pot well and bring to the boil. Put a lid on and placein the oven for 1 hour 45 mins, checkthe seasoning and serve with some boiled or mashed potatoes.