Irish Gingered Beef with a carrot and spinach casserole
- 2 pkts of Inisvale Irish Hereford Diced Steak
- 6 Carrots topped, tailed and peeled
- A large piece of Ginger peeled and shredded into thin matchsticks
- 30g of Sultanas
- 1 pkt of Meadow Fresh Baby Leaf Spinach.
- 1 Beef Stockpot
- A sprig of Thyme or Sage
- 500mls of Water
- 1 tbsp Belbake Flour
- 2 tbsp Vita D'or Sunflower Oil
- Kania Salt & Pepper
- Set your oven to 160oC
- Put your steak in a bowl, add the flour, season and mix together.
- Chop your carrots into smallish chunks.Heat the oil in a casserole pot until gently smoking then carefully add the meat.
- Brown the meat for 5 minutes over a high heat then add the carrots, ginger, sultanas, water, stockpot and thyme. Stir everything together and bring to a simmer.
- Cover and put in the oven for 1 hour 45 minutes until the meat is tender.
- Remove from oven when you're ready to serve, fold in the spinach and allow it to cook for a 1 minute then season and serve.
- Boiled potatoes, mash or even rice would be lovely with this dish.