Chicken and Bacon and Pilaf
- 400g Golden Sun Basmati rice
- 2 pkts Bally Manor Chicken Mini BreastFillets
- 1 pkt Dulano Smoked Bacon Lardons
- 2 Leeks cut in half lengthways, washed andshredded
- 1 lrg knob of Dairy Manor Butter
- 1 Cusina Chicken Stock Cube
- 1 pinch of Kania Ground Cinnamon(optional) curry powder will work too
- 1 tub of Morning Fresh Sour Cream (200ml)
- 1 tbsp Kanpur Garden Spicy Mango Chutney
- Kania Salt and Pepper
- Pre-heat your oven to 170°C.
- Put your butter in a large pot over a medium heat, when foaming add your chicken and brown gently for a couple of minutes.Then add the bacon and cook for a further minute or so.
- Next add the leeks, then make your stock with 800mls of hot water. Then add your rice and cinnamon and mix well,finally add your stock, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer, place a lid on top and cook for 25 minutes in the oven.
- When the time is up, fluff the rice up gently with a fork then place a clean tea towel overthe top of the pot without the lid on andleave for a few minutes, this will remove any excess moisture.
- Mix the sour cream and mango chutney together then serve with the pilaf.