Butternut Squash Soup (with smoked bacon & cinnamon crumble)
- 1 Butternut Squash (950g) peeled,deseeded and diced into small chunks.
- 1 medium carrot 70g - peeled and roughly chopped.
- 1 White Onion, peeled & diced
- 1 Cusina Chicken Stock Cube
- 1.2 litres of Water
- 1 large knob of Dairy Manor Butter (50g)
- 1 pkt rindless Dulano Bacon Lardons (125g)
- 3 slices (120g) Connell Bakery Brown
- Bread, crusts removed and crumbled
- Some fresh Sage or Thyme leaves
- Kania Salt & Pepper
- A sprinkling of Kania Cinnamon
- 4 tsps of Milbona Crème Fraîche to garnish
- Put the onion and butter into a pot and cook slowly for 10 minutes.
- Add the squash and carrot followed by the water and stock cube and bring to a gentle boil.
- Cook for 15 minutes till everything is soft, season and blend.
- Set your oven to 200°C.
- Scatter your bacon lardons on a tray and cook for 5 minutes once the oven is hot.
- Remove the tray and mix in the brown bread, cinnamon and sage leaves and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Serve the soup with the crumble sprinkled generously on top at the last minute and a spoonful of crème fraîche.