Crunchy Chicken Goujons with a Mixed Leaf Salad
For the dressing
• 200ml Primadonna Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 50ml Acentino Balsamic Vinegar
• 1 Garlic clove (crushed)
• 1 heaped tbsp Vita D’or Mayonnaise
• 1 tsp Batts Wholegrain Mustard
• 1 tsp Belbake Granulated Sugar
• Freshly cracked Kania Salt & Pepper
For the chicken goujons
• 2 pkts Crusti Croc Cheese & Onion Crisps
• 200g Connell Bakery Breadcrumbs
• 3 tbsp Belbake Plain Flour
• 2 Eggs (beaten)
• 1 pkt Bally Manor Fresh Chicken Breast Fillets
For the salad
• 1 pkt Meadow Fresh Baby Leaf Salad
• 12 Oaklands Cherry Tomatoes (chopped in half)
- To make the salad dressing, simply whisk all the ingredients together and then set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- To make the goujons, crush the crisps by opening the bag, gently pressing it together between your hands and then adding the breadcrumbs. Then lay out three dinner plates. Place the flour on one and season with a little salt and pepper, pour the beaten egg mix on to the second plate and add the breadcrumb and crisp mix to the third.
- Cut the chicken breasts into 1cm strips. Dip each chicken piece first into the flour, then the egg mix and lastly into the breadcrumbs, making sure to coat each piece well. Kids love helping with this bit! Lay the coated chicken pieces out on an oven tray and drizzle over with a little olive oil. Cook in the hot oven for 10 minutes.
- Dress the salad leaves, season and serve straight away with the crunchy chicken and tomatoes – the kids might even eat the salad!