Asian Duck with a Fresh Pineapple Oriental Salad
- 1 pkt Deluxe Marinated Duck Breast Fillets
For the dressing:
- 75ml Peanut or Sunflower Oil
- 50ml Dark Soy Sauce
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 1 tbsp Kilderg Honey
- 1 small knob of Ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 clove of Garlic, peeled and grated
For the salad:
- 1 bunch of Spring Onions, cut into 2cm lengths
- 1 Red Pepper, deseeded & cut into strips
- ½ Cucumber, peeled & cut into chunks
- 500g fresh Pineapple, trimmed, cored &cut into chunks
- A small bunch of Beansprouts
- A small bunch of Bamboo Shoots
- ½ Red Chilli, deseeded & finely chopped
- 100g Alesto Salted Peanuts, lightly crushed
- Kania Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Place the duck, skin side down, in a cold pan, turn the heat to medium high and cook the duck for 4 minutes. This will ensure the maximum amount of fat will render from the duck.
- Cook for a further 15 minutes for a perfect pink finish on the duck, if you prefer it well done leave it in a bit longer. Remove the duck from the oven, turn over and leave to rest for at least 10 minutes
- Meanwhile whisk all your dressing ingredients together. Prepare all your salad items and place in a large bowl. Slice the duck thinly and mix with the salad, then add the dressing, season and mix once more.Serve with a little coriander or mint on top.