Flat Iron Steak with a Blue Cheese and Onion Salad
- 1 pkt Inisvale Flat Iron Beef Steaks (300g)
- 3 Red Onions (240g) peeled, halved & sliced
- 4 lrg Rooster Potatoes (760g) boiled or steamed, peeled and cut into chunks
- 100g of Valley Spire Stilton or Deluxe Tipperary Blue
- 1 pkt of Meadow Fresh Mixed Baby Leaves (125g)
- ½ tub of Morning Fresh Sour Cream (100ml)
- 4-5 tbsp Primadonna Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- A small knob of Dairy Manor Butter (20g)
- A splash of Red Wine Vinegar
- A pinch of Tate & Lyle Caster Sugar
- Kania Salt and Pepper
- Take a large frying pan and add a drizzle of olive oil. Season the steaks with the salt and pepper. When the pan is hot, add the steaks to the pan.
- Cook for 4 minutes on each side, remove from the heat and keep warm, this will allow the steaks to rest and be more tender.
- Add a little more (but not all) of the olive oil to the same pan then add the potatoes, onions and butter. Cook on a medium high heat for 5-6 minutes until golden and crusty.
- Mix the remaining olive oil with a splash of red wine vinegar, salt, pepper and sugar, along with the juices from the steak and mix the leaves in this.
- In a big platter, spoon your potatoes and onions, followed by a few spoons of sour cream. Next top with the salad.
- Finally thinly slice your steak and place it on top. Crumble the blue cheese over the dish and serve.