Healthy One Pot Wonder Chicken, Bacon and Leek Pilaf
- 400g of Golden Sun Basmati Rice
- 2 pkts Bally Manor Diced Chicken Breast Fillets (700g)
- 1 pkt Dulano Smoked Bacon Lardons (125g)
- 2 Leeks (500g) cut in half lengthways, washed and shredded
- 1 lg knob of Dairy Manor Butter (60g)
- 1 Cusina Chicken Stock Cube
- 1 pinch of Kania Ground Cinnamon (optional). Curry powder will work too.
- 1 tub of Morning Fresh Sour Cream (200ml)
- 1 tbsp Kanpur Garden Spicy Mango Chutney (30g)
- Kania Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat your oven to 170°C.
- Put your butter in a large pot over a medium heat, when foaming add your chicken and brown gently for a couple of minutes. Then add the bacon and cook for a further minute or so.
- Next add the leeks, then make your stock with 800mls of hot water. Then add your rice and cinnamon and mix well, finally add your stock, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer, place a lid on top and cook for 25 minutes in the oven.
- When the time is up, fluff the rice up gently with a fork then place a clean tea towel over the top of the pot without the lid on and leave for a few minutes, this will remove any excess moisture.
- Mix the sour cream and mango chutney together then serve with the pilaf.