Tasty Catalan Beef Casserole
- 2 pkts of Deluxe Irish Hereford Lean Diced Steak (600g)
- 1 pkt fresh Mixed Peppers, deseeded & cut into thin strips.
- 1 lg Onion (250g) peeled & sliced
- 1 whole Garlic, peeled, halved & thinly sliced
- 1/4 of a whole Chorizo (75g) peeled & cut into small chunks.
- 2 tbsps Deluxe Spicy Tomato & Red Pepper Relish
- 75 mls Primadonna Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Kania Paprika
- 1 tsp Tate & Lyle Sugar
- A splash of Rosso Vinegar
- ChanteSel Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC
- Add a dash of olive oil into a medium sized pan. Heat oil until it's smoking lightly, carefully add the beef and colour (this might take a little longer than you think).
- Remove the beef, give the pan a wipe and add some olive oil over a medium heat. Add your garlic and cook for 2 minutes until it starts to turn golden.
- Next add the sliced peppers and onions and cook for 5 minutes. Then add in the tomato relish, paprika, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper. Cover and put in the oven for 50 minutes.
- Best served with some mash, but rice works very nice too.