- 500g Deluxe Prawns, (6-7 Prawns per person)
- 200g Meadowfresh Houmous
- 2 Tbsp Vita d'Or Vegetable Oil
- 100g Dairy Manor Irish Creamery Butter
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- Meadowfresh Baby Leaves
- ChanteSel Salt
- Kania Black Pepper
1. Start by dividing the houmous between your glasses. This can be done ahead of time and put back in the fridge to make things easier later.
2. Defrost the prawns. Just when you are ready to serve make sure your prawns are patted dry.
3. If your houmous is in the fridge, remove 30 minutes before so it comes up to room temperature.
4. Heat a large frying pan with the oil - when the oil is smoking lightly, add the prawns carefully. Don't crowd the pan - you may have to do this in two batches.
5. After 1 minute add the butter and sweet chilli sauce.
6. Turn the prawns for another 2 minutes to make sure they are cooked evenly.
7. Add the lemon, season and divide on top of the houmous.
8. Place a little tuft of baby leaves on top and serve straight away.