Christmas Ice Cream Cake with Nougat & Sticky Plums
- 2 pkts Lees Ice Cream Nests (16 nests)
- 1 bar of Duc de Coeur Nougat (200g)well chopped
- 500ml Morning Fresh Whipping Cream
- 8 large ripe plums or 12 small ones
- 2 tbsp Fairtglobe Brown Sugar
- 250mls Deluxe Sparkling Apple Juice
- A few fresh bay leaves (optional).
Note: A pinch of cinnamon over the plumswill make them even more festive. If youhave any excess plum juice, save it andadd a little to a glass of proscecco for asensational Christmas drink.
- Line a large pudding bowl with cling film making sure you leave a decent overhang to cover the cake. It helps if you brush the bowl with a little oil.
- Whip the cream then break the meringue into the cream. Add the nougat and fold everything together gently.
- Spoon the mixture into the lined pudding bowl and press down to remove any air pockets. Bring the overhanging cling film over the cake and press down to form a flat top. Put into the freezer until needed.
- For the plums, set your oven to 180°c. Quarter the plums, remove the stones and scatter on a baking tray with the sugar and sparkling apple juice. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes (this will depend on how big and how ripe the plums are).
- To serve, take the cake out of the freezer 10 minutes before you need it, as it will be easier to remove it from the mould. Turn out onto a platter, scatter the plums around the cake and decorate.